5.10.09

everything hurts.
my body--
the spaces around my head, pressing inward
closing until my world consists only of the inside of my eyes.
there's hardly any light
and why?
i am erasing it all.
slowly, carefully, purposefully,
unintentionally.
i didn't ask for this, but i created it.
all these nights spent up until light finds its way back through the window vanes--
pleasant torture,
and completely unnecessary.
but still, i can't stop.
all of my promises to myself
demolished in the scent of a moment--
and maybe it's you, too,
because some days you fit in with this puzzle and i can't quite separate you from the tangled
confusion i think i'm trying to avoid.

i need a break, but nobody here will let me go.
i can't wait. i need out. i need out. i need out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love. this makes sense to me. I don't know if what I'm inferring in your original intent but I get it in some way or another.

-April

i said...

i miss you like winter trees miss the summer sun.
you probably do know what im getting on about...even if you are the only one.
love.