8.11.09

scars...

little lessons to carry with and remind you along the way...


...like the new, purple-ish one i earned on my leg (about the size of a dime) from hot oil last week. reminding me not to drop things into the pan, but rather to place them gently. or like the small shiny one on my left knee cap that tells me, still, that practicing long jump in a gravel courtyard is a risky endeavor... and the faint blip on my eyelid that taught me that ex racehorses don't get reprimanded like the rest--because they will react quickly and knock you out with their nose bone somewhere in to a tree... and lastly, one deep one nestled in my eyebrow, reminding me not to try climbing up japanese innertubing waterslides (i'm sure other ones are okay), because japanese hospitals are scary, so disinfected.. and because it hurt.. there are other scars, too, but these ones i will never forget..

No comments: