2.1.09

I'm building walls.

Every day we'll put them up--
tighter and tighter, and closer
until I can't--fucking--breathe.

You can never know me--
no one can.

And every time I make you recoil--every time I push you away,
a little more--
is every time I prove again
that we were all right about you--
people.

And it's the perverse nature of a losing battle--
that every time I see a small victory--
I stand to lose everything.

<<It's like watching myself from outside a bubble--watching every word lash out and scour you, just a little. I know it hurts. And at the same time, I can't do anything to stop it. I want you to fuck off. I want you to prove me right. I know it's never, if, anymore. It's only ever, when.>>

1 comment:

Dr. Oats said...

Your words burned me raw and for a few seconds I felt stung.

-Dr. Oats